Friday, November 7, 2008

Baked Alaska: A Sarah Palin Tribute


So I had read several suggestions for election night baking and cooking. My favorite suggestion was baked alaska. I have never eaten this, frankly, I've never even seen one in person. I've always wanted to have one of these and what better opportunity. This was my first attempt at making Merange. It was one of those things you have to have faith in. The moment you're about to call it quits, decide those white peaks are never going to appear, all of a sudden this white liquid undergoes a total physical change. And it's delicious. I wish I could say that my baked alaska's were great, but really, they were very difficult to put together and then in the frenzy of election night, I forgot them in the oven. We ended up eating ice cream soaked cookie and burnt marshmallow. But after all, what better tribute to Sarah Palin than a pretty looking disaster?

No comments: