Monday, October 27, 2008

Apple Cider Traditions

I'm infamously stubborn about traditions. I am the one in my family that refuses to let anyone forget or get out of participating in the events that happen annually. Sometimes to the point of ridiculous. At 25 years old it might not be necessary to read Christmas stories aloud before bed on Christmas eve to my 24 year old brother, his 25 year old girlfriend and my 28 year old boyfriend and yet I persist.

One of the best traditions that I insist we continue is making apple cider at my aunt and uncle's house. Not only do I love apple cider, but their home is beautiful in the fall and loaded with apple trees. I also love the process of gathering apples, chopping, and pressing. The tradition started with my mom, brother and I some 20 years ago.


No comments: